Red Dye Sensitivity - how little is too much?

Any moms out there have a toddler with a Red dye sensitivity? How little can affect their bahavior? Example... Red #40 is in many chewable vitamins... would that tiny amount cause a reaction? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kid is red dye sensative and he can have vitamins but he can't have red velvet cake, breaks him out into hives. Everychild is diffrent though.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I can only answer this as a sister and not as a mom. My little brother used to get horrible headaches, migraines is what the doc called them. we spent years trying to find out why. they finally narrowed it down to red dye. He can't even eat red colored hot dogs anymore. I hope you find you babys tolerence level with out too much pain for either of you. good luck.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 3:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2011