What will my hair look like if I dye it Golden Brown?

Before, I dyed my hair to a dark golden brown. (I used Garnier Fructis Nutrisse) I plan to dye my hair Golden Brown with the same product, but I'm worried at how it will turn out. I read that dying dark brown hair to golden brown will turn your hair orange. Will it actually turn orange?

*Also, I don't want to go to a hair salon or bleach my hair.

SimpleMusic

Asked by SimpleMusic at 9:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• nope..it most likely won't do anything, except to your new growth. you cannot lift color with color. (meaning, color will not lighten a darker *chemically-altered color)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It is well worth the money to leave it to the pros. There are alot of variables in hair coloring. With anything you have the possibility to pull orange or green based on your current hair color, condition and the products you are using..
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• depends what color you are starting with, and if you do 2 colors, always remember that color on top of color always go darker, so you need to go at least one shade lighter than what you want
    joanie70

Answer by joanie70 at 7:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Color only deposits...the only way you can go lighter (protecting the integrity of your hair) is by highlighting it. I wouldnt recommend bleach all over. It's almost summer anyhow! Get some of those sun-kissed, highlights ;-)
    And i would leave the coloring to someone professional. I am a cosmo who used to do my own hair before and now i understand why my hair was not healthy at all lol You get what you pay for. And doing it yourself without knowing what your doing....enough said lol!
    And when you buy box color the volume is usually about 45...if you want to ruin your hair..thats a good way of doing it lol You usually only use 20 vol. with color.
    Good luck girlie!
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 3:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2011