So, I finally went to abercrombie.com to see what this "push up" bathing suit is all about.....

all i see are "lightly lined" tops.....what;s wrong with that? people are making it sound like it's a wonderbra. If anything it just conceals them more than an unlined suit. geeze

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I agree, this is dumb! Do you want your daughters nipples showing, or do you want them concealed in a light lining? My daughters 5,4,1, and 4 monthes wear bikinis ( they are cute not sexy) since when is a dora bikini sexy? LMAO Get over your self rightious selves!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:09 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• it really does break my heart..... at a swimming party at a hotel over Xmas break from school my kids (since they're only a year apart) were both invited and my daughter (4 then, 4 1/2 now) was the only one in a 1 piece with the exception of another little girl wearing a one piece with the sides completely missing.... to create the illusion of adult womanly hips/curves. WTF are people thinking? If u don't instill modesty in them, they wont have any. And it's a good thing... it fosters self esteem, self worth, and not getting knocked up before you're out of highschool
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• the big deal is dressing your child like an adult creates problems and lots of them. boobies and bellies should be seen by her dr and anyone helping her in the shower.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• The problem isn't the swimsuit itself.

The problem was the marketing phrase ("push up") that they were using to try to sell the swimsuit to girls as young as 7 years old. There is nothing on a 7 year old that *needs* pushing up, and I see no reason why any company should feel that it's appropriate to use terms relating to sexuality to sell their product to little children.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 9:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• They changed the wording on the website from "Padded" to "Lightly lined". And you fell for it, like they hoped people would.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I put my DD who is 4 in 2 pieces because they fit longer. If I buy a 1 piece, she will outgrow it before the end of the summer. We live in Fl and go swimming 5 times a week at least during the spring/summer/ most of fall months so she has to have at least 4 of them. They are little girl swim suits, they have Disney Princess or ladybugs etc on them and they are like a half shirt with regular bottoms. Also because while she is both short and thin, she is thinner then short so if it fits her length, it is falling off of her (and showing a lot more) and if it fits her body, it is so tight she has camel toe in one pieces.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• lol there is no reason to act like i am a horrible person, i'm just saying A&F got a really bad thrashing for that when you can find the same freakin bathing suit for a toddler at Belk or Macy's
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• the padding could be light in the bathing suits......all my bikinis iv ever worn have had "padding" in them even the tankinis, and some of my one pieces....seriously if you dont like the padding theres a notch in the side where you can pull it out....-.- most if not ALL bikinis have the little padding notch because the padding gets bunched up and folded(mostly when thrown in the washing machine)

hell my cousin is 9 years younger then me and all her bathing suits from the time she started swimming to now (9 years shes 11 now)
    have had "padding" in them
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 12:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think the out rage follows on the heel s of little girl thongs. They push way too much at our little ones to be more adult than they are and it's not just the clothing. I've seen it in the way mothers treat their daughters too.
    personally my girls have always worn bikinis because its all i ever wear pool side (even at nine months prego) Theirs are definitely on the kiddie side with ruffly skirts or disney pics though.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 5:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• "lightly lined" isn't an issue to me. Some people are self conscious about having thier nipples visible & lined bras & swim tops eliminate that. But, those swim tops are far too skimpy for my taste.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 9:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011