WHO CAN I TALK TO ABOUT MY MOM SHE IS TRYING TO TAKE MY SON

OK WHEN WE WERE KIDS WE HAD GOT TAKEN BY CSB AND AT THAT TIME MY MOM WAS NOT A GOOS MOM AND NOW SHE IS TRYING TO TAKE MY SON

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• why is she trying 2 take him?
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Your going to have to talk to a lawyer

Answer by louise2 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• a lawyer
    Anonymous

• What reason does she have for taking him>? If you have a fit home, hes fed, clean, and taken care of then she doesnt have a case anyway. If someone comes to your home demand a court order, chances are if youre a good mom they wont be able to take your son because they need to prove to a judge the child would be better off away from you then with you. If they do take your son theyll give you a court appointed lawyer and just do whatever he tells you to do.

Answer by gemgem at 6:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Your mother has to prove you are an unfit parent. She would have to call and make a concern report to social services and they do an investigation. Even if social services does get involved you are still your child's legal parent and have the right to say that you do not want them placed with your mother due to a physically abusive past. Put it in writing and they cannot place your child with her - it would be a major liability issue. If social services is not involved then no worries - it is only all talk on her end. No decent attorney would touch her case because grandparents legally don't have rights unless protective services are involved. And even then if there is a concern that she has abused children in the past she cannot actually get custody - especially if she has ever had social services have an open case on her. Most likely this is just drama she is creating to continue to be abusive to you.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• If you can't afford a lawyer yourself look up "free legal aid" in your area. Most have an office. It's normally in the phone book,but if need be call up social services and ask if they know where to call.

LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 6:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• SO WHAT CAN I DO TO KEEP HER FROM GETTING M SON
    Lilia26397

Answer by Lilia26397 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• OK I WAS LIVING WITH MY BROTHER AND HIS GIRLFRIEND IN A TRAILER PARK AND JUST BECAUSE I WOULD NOT ADD MY SON TO HER FOODSTAMPS SHE WENT TO THE JUVENILE BUILDING AND GOT A GRAND PARENTS THING AND IS TELLING PEOPLE SHE HAS CUSTODY OF HIM AND SHE DOES NOT I HAVE CUSTODY OF HIS SENCE THE DAY HE WAS BORN
    Anonymous

• Sweetie, let me just tell you that it would take allot for the state to take away a child from there mother so unless you are a drug addict, an alcholic, abuser that someone can prove then you have absalutely nothing to be worried about. Your fine and if I were you then I would move far far away from her and cut all contact.
    Anonymous

• Guys...this person is a troll. Brand new profile with zero info....stop giving these people things to do. They are just looking for fights.
    Anonymous