How long did it take you to get back to pre-pregnancy weight?

It took me a week and then I just needed to sweat out the extra water...glad to see the stretch marks fading :)

LovableFox

Asked by LovableFox at 9:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You got me beat. I was back at pre-pregnancy weight at 2 weeks with all 3 of mine. I gained 45 pounds with the 1st, 35 with the 2nd and 25 with the third. Lots of water, a healthy diet and yoga 7 days a week.
    Anonymous

• I only gained 15lbs the whole time, so I was back to my pre-weight at delivery(ish), & below about 2 weeks later
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 9:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• 2 babies later, lol. With my first I swelled up so bad after having her. Almost got down to my pre pregnancy weight and BAM! Pregnant again. After having my second it didn't take long to get back down, but once again I only got to enjoy my pre pregnancy weight for a short time because....you guessed it, I'm pregnant again! Hopefully the weight will come right back off as it did after my second. This is our last baby.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• 15 years and counting LOL
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It took my almost 3 years and it is finally gone. I gained almost 40lbs and I am now just below what I was when I got pregnant. BTW when I found out I was pregnant I was in the process of losing weight and had lost 20 at that point.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I gained about 50 pounds and was only 10 pounds shy of pre pregnancy weight 2 weeks later... But then I gained 30 more pounds in 2 years and am currently working on the last 20. But good for you!!
    baby_girl8807

Answer by baby_girl8807 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Three weeks for each of my kids.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 2:09 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• The minute my kids were out, I was less than my pre-pregnancy weight. I only gained 10 lbs with one and 11 lbs with the other. After the water weight (from the sac), the kids' weights (7lb 2 oz and 7lb 5oz respectively) plus the weight of my placenta, I was 5 pounds less than pre-pregnancy weight with one and 4 pounds less than pre-pregnancy weight with the other once I delivered them =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Good for you, but I gained 4 lbs permanently! Which is pretty normal phsyilogically speaking. A post pregnant uterus is almost always going to be bigger than a never pregnant uterus. Plus my feet went up a size and my boobs got a bit bigger. All pretty normal and expected if you start out healthy.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• 3 months with the last one.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2011