Alternative to shaving?

I'm so tired of using a razor & shaving lotion to shave my legs & underarms. Besides that, I'm tired of buying shaving lotion 3 times a week. What product do you use besides a razor & shaving lotion to get rid of the hair on your legs & underarms? I'm looking for something that I can use where the hair won't come back for at least a week. Thanks & have a great day.

barnwell84

Asked by barnwell84 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• have u tried nair i heard that works pretty good my sisters use it
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• nair will work on your legs but it will only take it off level with the skin which is the same thing as shaving. i don't use shaving cream on my underarms, i just shave them while standing under the shower. the only other alternatives i can think of are waxing or eletrolacise (sp)?
    Anonymous

• I know how you feel.

I would have to say that with those lotions like nair I have NO patience..I cant wait five minutes before taking it off lol.

I do have an epilator I used..but it doesnt get every single hair out - it does get enough for me to only shave like once a week. It hurts to begin with but you get used to it as you continue.

I tried waxing and could only do two strips because I couldnt put myself through it. My friend gets her mum to wax her LOL.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• You could always try a hair removal cream. A great example of that is Nair. You leave it on for a certain amount of time in the shower or wherever and then wash it of gently with warm water. The cream opens the pores and causes the hair to fall out in the area you applied it. It is great! Nair is the only brand I use but there are more.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My company offers a hair removal cream,or try nair or waxing or laser removal
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I used to use a homemade wax concoction... lost the recipe, but it had honey/sugar/lemon in it.. tore up old pillowcases to was w/ - worked pretty good, as long as I popped two Tylenol an hour before I started. The more often you wax, the less it hurts, and hair didn't grow back for ten days and when it did it was like baby hair.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Consider waxing
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 11:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2008