How do you deal with PCOS?

Those of us that have PCOS know what a burden it can be--all the symptoms, issues, etc.
How do you deal with this syndrome? (It can be anything from medicines to what you eat.)

mommyredrose23

Asked by mommyredrose23 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Health

• i'm on anti depresants to help with the mood swings... but i'm always tired and nap whenever possible, to get pregnant I had to go though 3 rounds of IVF to have my boys then 8 years later an edocronologist (sp) put me on met forman to help me loose weight instead it helped me to ovulate and I got pregnant without any trying at all- she was my surprise and is now almost 2.
    personally i've had it for what seems like forever and to me its just normal.
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 9:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I was diagnosed 2 years ago. I am not really doing anything for it at the moment except taking birth control pills. When I was trying to get pregnant I was on Metformin and Provera. I was on antidepressants at one point. I think I do need to get back on them.
    LeePhi

Answer by LeePhi at 10:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• for the anxiety--SSRI antidepressant/anti-anxiety meds, I call them my "don't kill people" pills, LOL
    I have taken Metformin and will never do it again, my GI system couldn't handle it.
    I take LOTS of naps.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2011