If your child attended or attends a private religious school....

is blaming bad behavior (pushing sister, lying about brushing teeth, etc) on satan a phase or something I need to react to?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in

• My kids don't do that. The temptation can be blamed on satan, but the choice of whether or not to give in to the temptation is the choice of the one being tempted. I would teach her that her choices and decisions are hers alone, and she needs ot take responsibility for them. It may be a phase, but it may also be her way of getting out of trouble.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Wow. I went to catholic school from 1st grade to 12th and never blamed anything on anything or anyone but myself. MY daugher is 3 and in private school and the school doesnt teach about stuff like that. I would definitely be concerned and probe to see what they are teaching the kids.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I've never heard of it, I'd mention it to the teacher. I wouldn't be surprised if that may be the belief of one of the kids or families and the kids may have been talking about it.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• That's very odd. My son is only 2 1/2, but I went to Catholic school and I NEVER blamed anything on Satan, nor did anybody else...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My children have never attended a private religious school but we've had friends whose children did. In their case it was the child just trying to figure out good and evil..a passing phase in this case.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2011