Uh how is a school bus safe if it doesnt have a seat belt? adult content

seriously my school bus never had a seat belt. and they still dont so how are they making laws of you have to keep your kid in a car seat till they are like 4ft 9.. and uh what about the short people who only reach like 4ft 5? seriously?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well they stay in a booster all their life! lol I don't know, its a question I've asked many times.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• honestly, they aren't.. they are big, metal death traps lol
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i think they need to put seatbelts on buses, my daughters preschool has a bus and they still have 5 point harness and i am loving that. but yes i think it should be a law for seatbelts on buses!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• what a great question,,,,why the hell dont they have seat belts????
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have asked this question a lot and the buses around here fly, so my girls have never rode the bus, my oldest is in middle school and I have always drove them to school because I don't feel they are safe enough and no booster seats was a big no no for me.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My daughter's Headstart bus has harnesses for the kids and that makes me feel a LOT better when she gets on the bus every afternoon, but I agree with above poster, ALL buses should have seatbelts!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• even if they had seat belts, i doubt many kids would actually use them. another problem with buses around here are that they are way too crowded. in high school, we had to ride like 3 in a seat most of the time (over 70 kids) and the limit was suppose to be around 45 or 50.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Some buses where I live do have them, and I believe that all buses are being required to have them because of an accident that killed a kid about a year ago.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• The purpose of not having seatbelts on buses is for safety, as crazy as it sounds. If a bus stops too quickly, the worst that can happen to your child (if they are seated properly) is that they mash into the back of a seat. If a bus were to turn over & children were strapped in, they could be stuck hanging upside down or worse, as opposed to slipping to the roof and crawling out. That, & with the number of children per bus (usually overloaded) monitoring seatbelt use would be a complete nightmare.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 9:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• my daughters bus has seat belts
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011