Unique First Birthday Party Themes

I am looking for unique and modern birthday party themes for my soon to be one year old son. I want to do something different, but don't know where to start. Any ideas?

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well, is there anything he likes in particular? Perhaps take some toy or book he likes, and center the theme of the party around it. For instance, if your little one liked looking at Dr.Seuss books, you could make a theme based around the colors & characters in the books :)
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 9:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• For my grandsons first birthday about three weeks ago, we did the cutest theme...sock monkeys!! Was adorable, had a sock moneky cake and cute smash cake, got lots of cute personalized things from Etsy.com and used red and brown as the colors!!
    terribug1963

Answer by terribug1963 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Animal themes are always adorable, you could do all jungle animals or just monkeys or puppies...the internet has a million blogs with kids birthday party ideas. I have girls, my oldest's first birthday was Spring themed b/c her bday is on the first day of spring so it was all flowers and butterflies, etc....then her second birthday was color themed with a crayola decorated cake and primary colors everywhere. For my youngest I'm not sure what I'm doing for her party, but we call her Sweet Caroline so I'm thinking of a sweet theme w/ cupcakes and candy and sweet things like that! :) Have fun, think of something that suits your son's little personality. :)
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011