Food/diet question/plan? lol

would it be okay to eat Marie Callendars, or Smart ones, Lean Cruisines etc instead of "making" food? When I make food, its like I cannot portion them out right- I keep going back for seconds or thirds.

I am 209 lbs and I want to go down to about 180 (150, preferred).. Been trying to lose weight for a year, but no luck (6 lbs in a year! thats it!) and thats with me trying to make my own food. =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Have you thought about Jenny Craig or something like that? Frozen foods like that have ALOT of sodium. And to much salt is not good for you.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wiuld just make your own food, and get some of those portion divided conatiners, freeze your portions and microwave when you want them, that way you can control what goes in them, good luck!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 10:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I agree, those are HORRID, in all honesty. The sodium alone is enough to trash your kidneys, and you won't learn anything or make long term changes if you rely on those. You need to learn how to just take the proper portion, and leave it at that. Slow down when you eat, and really think about whether you're actually hungry, or just going back for more because it tastes good. This has been my biggest issue, too, and it's not always easy, but it's all about retraining your brain. You can do this!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Be careful of sodium. Those frozen dinner type healthy alternatives can be loaded in sodium.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• The frozen dinners are okay once in awhile, but to rely on them all the time? Bad idea, way too much sodium.

Get a food scale to portion out your meat, read your labels, less saturated fat, less carbs, more protein and fiber will help fill you up. You're GOING to be "hungry" if you're used to larger portions, but it doesn't have to be TOO hungry if you eat the correct combination of foods.

Keep trying!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:26 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Check out a Health Challenge that hubby and I are doing: http://www.overview.visalus.com/

It's super easy and we have been saving money on our grocery bill since we started. My husband had been trying to "diet" and eat healthy and he was awful at protion control. But this being a Health "challenge" he is doing amazing and lost 12lbs in his first 2 weeks. Check out the video at the above site and then you can join the challenge here if you're interested: http://www.christinadennis.bodybyvi.com/

Good Luck :)

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 12:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i would learn self control and skip the frozen meals... they are great if you need to rely on them here and there, but no matter what you need to learn to stick to portion size or if you loose the weight, you'll gain it all back...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Could you make your own food- portion it out and then freeze it? A lot of food can be frozen- and that way if you make it you control the contents.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:46 PM on May. 4, 2011