Do you feel it's important to wear a seat belt in your own vehicle?

I was always taught by my parents that it was my choice if I wanted to wear a seat belt, but when I started driving I just made it a habit and always wear one. My mom on the other hand, refuses to wear one. Whenever she gets in my car I have to tell her that she has to wear it or I won't drive her anywhere, so she rolls her eyes and puts it on.

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Travel

• If the belts aren't buckled my car does not move.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes. I feel it's extremely important. Everyone must buckle their seat belt before I move the car.
    LeePhi

Answer by LeePhi at 9:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes.If you are in an accident with my car the insurance won't cover you at all.So no one rides in my car without the seatbelt on.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i cant leave my driveway without it on... my husband like to wear his and my kids always ask why daddy doesnt wear one.. i always feel the need to teach my children through example.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yes. children learn by example. if not for safety's sake, its the law. and in arkansas, i believe they've gone a step further in that the authorities can now stop you for that one reason. (same with child-safety seat/etc, too.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I always, always, always wear a seatbelt and if you're riding in my car you are too. I have told a few people that if I get pulled over and ticketed they will be paying the fine, that gets them to make it click!
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 9:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes. Click it or hot foot it...that is the rule in my car.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I always ask any passenger if they have their belts on.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 10:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have never NOT worn a seat belt.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• no seat belt for me. Ive met (odd enough) too many people who's lives were saved by them not wearing a seat belt.. i take it as a sign.
    but i do sometimes if my dd is paying attention to me. i dont want her copying that. but I do think it should be a personal choice. After all it is my life.
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2011