Do you need (require or seek or desire) praise or validation on your mothering skills?

do you hope your husband, mom, kids teachers, etc will let you know if/when you'll doing well? Or are you more secure and just feel like "I got this" ?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I know that I'm doing a good job but I long to hear from others, mainly my husband that i'm doing a good job.
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 10:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If people didn't, do you think they'd be on here? :P
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 10:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• When it comes to being a mom I feel like "I got this", I know I'm a good mom and don't need validation. I wish I was that confident about all areas of my life though.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Oh No, I DON'T "got this" I wasn't born with Mommy instincts.. although every part of me loves and wants to be a mommy, I actually have to work very hard at learning and asking and understanding how to do this.. I envy sometimes those ones who don't need to be walked and talked through parenting like I do - praises always are great but that's certainly not what I am striving for - I am striving to understand this whole Mommy exsistence lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yes. lol
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have teens,,,enough said! lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• no, i don't. all i 'need' is a happy, healthy child that grows into a well-adjusted adult. that's when i'll know 'i got this'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I don't need the praise but it is nice to hear. I do wish that my MIL would stop trying to help us parent and let us make our own choices for discipline and other such things with out the need for her input. Although I know that she is doing it b/c she loves all of us and wants to make sure that we are doing what is best for our child.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm pretty confident with my mom skills overall but of course I always have my moments. The one person whose opinion I care the most about is my sons, but it always nice to get a compliment!!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• nope
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011