The Dr ask a question that up set me should i be?

i am 32 weeks pregnant with my second child a girl we already have a little boy. at the dr today she asked what i was having (military so i dont see the same dr every time i go in.) and then she asked me if after this child was i planing on getting my tubs tied. this up set me. as a teen i was told i might not be able to have kids and then my son was early and it was hard for us to *conceive our daughter, and i have had a number of miscarriages. thing is i dont know if this is a normal question or not any one else been asked this.
PS we plan on having another child just not right now she was told bluntly NO

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 10:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• She was probably just curious and wasn't sure what was on your mind. I wouldn't let it upset me.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It was hard for you to conserve:? Um, no, I guess I wouldnt be upset .. I am not a military mommy so I am not sure if there was more to the question like if during delivery, they needed more time to the delivery or what but it probably was the pregnancy hormones
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• That's a normal question anymore after the 2nd child.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• ive had a doc ask me what type of bc i was looking into after the baby is born.. .. i wouldnt take it to heart.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think it's a normal question...I was asked this at my last Dr's appt too and this is only my 2nd child
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No I wouldn't be offended. Time is very important IF you do want your tubes tied. Many states require 30 days before delivery for the paperwork to be signed. She was just checking to make sure this is something you want or not...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• She doesn't know your personal history or anything. I wouldn't be offended if I were you. It's a typical question for a dr to ask so they know what to plan for.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I was never asked that question, but I go to a doctor that is in a Catholic Hospital system and that is not allowed, however, I know my sister was asked this question when she was pregnant with her second child as they wanted to know so they could prepare for the surgery after delivery. (my sis delivered at a different hospital)
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Wow---I was NEVER asked that question, even after my third baby. I had all three while we were in the Military. My Doctor told me I did so well with my deliveries,etc,. that I could have a whole bunch of kids and do it easily and be healthy ....so,that must have meant that nobody considered asking me if I wanted my tubes tied! Yikes! That is strange!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If it wasn't your normal Dr, how could she have known your history. It's a pretty routine question, especially with second or more pregnancies. If you had wanted it done, there are steps to take before hand to make sure they can do it when you have the baby, so she would have had to know so she could get the paperwork started.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2011