Any ideas on how to relieve cramps?

i have some serious cramps my obgyn office never got back to me today so i am gonna call again tomorrow but for tonight to get some relief i was wondering if you galls hand any ideas of how to make them less painful...i've tried tylonal, midol, & hot patches for that issue but it doesn't seem to make it any better?

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Health

• they say sex does the trick too lol, wouldn't know. haha c[= but try the water bottle or even a heating pad, that always worked for me when i had cramps after pregnancy, they were so intense. Also, try exercising, it helps believe it or not.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• if he won't play....I say self medicate!!
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• warm water bottle and some ginger tea.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• thanks imma try that... i always have a water bottle with me & i've never thought of ginger tea...
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• A hot bath.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• if your not preggers try 600-800 mgs of advil every 6-8 hours... that's an RX dose

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Ginger is really good for stomatch cramps. So says my Native American Grandmother. Not exactly a native root but it works :) hope you feel better.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• not pregnant anymore about two months out & my first period after wasn't so intense but its been so intense since i had the merina place in back on the 16th but thank you all for the wonderful advice
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• caffeine seems to help me also advile
    malleymom106

Answer by malleymom106 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I know this isn't an instant solution, but maybe it will help you next month. Over the past year I've cut out caffeine and started taking calcium, vitamin D, and magnesium (per my doc's advice). I seriously thought the woman was crazy. I've had debilitating cramps since I was 13 and took the pill for several years to control them. But, getting too old to really want to be on the pill and thought I would trust her. It actually works. They aren't gone completely, but they are easily tolerable. I was shocked.

Though, one month I went crazy with the caffeine and ended up with moderate cramps. Went back to my normal routine the next month and they were back to being taken care of with some advil. You might ask your doc about it. Good luck. Cramps suck.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 10:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2011