How much does your baby eat?

My son is 3 weeks old and eats about 4 oz every 2-3 hours. I am breastfeeding and i pump that is how i know how much he is eating. I'm not producing enough to satisfy him so i have to supplement one or two times a day. Is this normal or am i possibly over feeding him? How much does your LO eat?

malleymom106

Asked by malleymom106 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DS is 3 months old and eats the same as your 3 week old. His adjusted age is 1 month...so they are on the right track. Your LO is perfectly normal.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My son is 2 months old & eats 4-6 oz every 1-4 hours, sometimes 5-6 hour stretch @ night. I have heard good measure is @ 2.5oz per lb the baby weighs. (My son is a little above that, but the Dr. says he will slow down in the next month or so most likely.)
    mama2mjanddj

Answer by mama2mjanddj at 11:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• sounds about right but every baby is different..go by his cues. If he is full he will not eat anymore. I nursed so I dont know how muc hhe got each time but he nursed ALOT lol
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You seem to be feeding your baby the same way I fed mine when he was that age. He is 6 months old and takes 5 to 6 oz every four to 5 hours plus he's on solids.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• DD is 2 1/2 months she pounds 5 oz of pump milk every three hrs lol I assume she gets the same amount when she nurses, i just let her go until she stops eating :) And she's been doing this since 1 month
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2011