I am making home made bread... in my bread machine... ?

I am making a loaf of white bread. I was wondering if there are any special ways to store the bread or can I put it in the fridge like I do store bought bread?

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 10:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Storing bread in the refrigerator will actually dry it out quicker. If you don't have to, don't do it. In the cupboard in a large ziploc is usually my preferred method. If you have to put it in the fridge, because of warm temperatures and humidity creating mold, make sure it is stored in a tightly sealed bag (those handy ziplocs, again). It can also be frozen and will usually turn out more moist when unthawed than it was originally.

Just another tip....if you wrap it up in plastic wrap as soon as you take it out of the machine, let it cool like that overnight before you cut it, it will produce a much moister bread!
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 10:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• oops. thawed. Not unthawed.
    blu_canary

• it never lasts more then a day in my house LOL. just a ziplock until they munch it up
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• good question! i would like to know too.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 10:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2011