• In the Spotlight:

Any working moms hate WORKING?

I am a single mom and have to support my daughter and myself so I HAVE to work but I absoltely HATE it! I HATE IT SO MUCH.. I HAVE HAVING TO WAKE MY 3 YR OLD UP EVERYDAY TO GO TO SCHOOL. I HATE IT AND FEEL SO GUILty. I FEEL AS IF I DONT GET TO SPEND ENOUGH TIME WITH HER WITH WORK IN THE WAY. I wish I knew of a get rich thing that would instantly make me rich.

any other moms like this? feel guilty?
how to deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I work two jobs! I feel bad to hate work, But I do!! There is really no way to deal with it, just gotta hold your head high and get outta bed everyday! (:
    GraciesMommy464

Answer by GraciesMommy464 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I hate my job but I love working. I could never be a stay at home mom, I need some adult time. my kids are older and I would be bored to death if I had to stay home all day while they were in school. To each their own.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I know exactly what you feel. I hate working. I feel like I have missed the last 10 years with my sons. I work 6 days a week and when not at work I am exhausted. I always want to do more with them and for them. The way I make myself feel better: I can see that my sons are healthy and pretty well adjusted. They are smart in school and in life's problems and ups and downs. I tell myself that I have done the best that I could and make time to tell them that I love them and give them encouragement.

laura67-boo

Answer by laura67-boo at 10:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• SORRY there is a big difference between SAHM and working and I have done both...I really love my job but hate the chaotic life FT work does to us...when the kids are on break always have to wake them up early and it just sucks sometimes!i am about to be a single mom so kinda have to work...LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I work fulltime and do not like my job as much as I use to. I like working, having adult interaction but rather work parttime
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I always felt that way too mama! It is so hard to leave your babies! I always wanted to be home, and finally met and married a man who believed in me being home raising my babies too, so for the last 8 years I've been home. It's great but you know what? My kids are so shy that I think it's actually good for kids to be socialized like yours is. Take comfort in that at least. Your child will know she is ok with other adults and that she will be fine, you'll always come back for her. That's a great thing for a little one to know. Kids have a lot of fun in daycare, and learn a lot of things. So at least there is a positive benefit for her, on top of the fact that you are able to support yourself and your baby. Hang in there! I am sure you are a great mom!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• OH, yes. I did it for 10-years. It was aweful. I was always in a hurry getting her breakfast, running her to day care and still was able to clock in by 8am. It sucked for awhile, but you get used to it.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 11:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I did this too. I hated being away from my kids so I went to the paents I worked with and offered to babysit their kids for less than they paid for daycare. I now run a daycare from home and get to be with my kids all day and still can pay my bills.
    cottoncandy1

Answer by cottoncandy1 at 2:26 AM on Mar. 29, 2011