non-smoking

My SO and I are currently living with our 4 month old in my in laws house. This will be the home we are in for about 6 more months and about 5 smokers both cigar and cigarette live there. Short of forcing them to quit what are some tips for keeping our bedrooms smoke free and fresh. They don't go in our rooms so I guess I mean how do I make it smoke tight without sealing our doors.

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• ummm try some candles, air freashner, or get one of those things that filters you air i hope some of these ideas help
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• You should buy air purifiers that you can remove the filters frequently and wash/replace. Also, treat your bedroom doors as you would an exterior door and "winterize" it. You can put a strip of felt around the casing, and also the rubber strip along the bottom.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I had to stay with my boyfriends parents for a little because we were visiting. They have a loft conversion which had windows and we were right at the end...I had to have this open as my boyfriends dad smokes the house out. I also opened out window and also put a rolled up towel at the bottom of the door - this seemed to do the job..I have such a sensitive nose for smoke as well and this kept me at peace.

An air purifier seems like a good idea too.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• how bout having them smoke outside thats the only way me and my hubs smoke
    Mommyholly327

Answer by Mommyholly327 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2008