How did I get this?

For some reason I got a computer virus on my laptop. I have Mac Afee but I still ended up getting one. How is that possible?

JayRo00

Asked by JayRo00 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Technology

• I had the same problem with that particular virus software. I would recommend using a registry cleaner that is what I did and it seemed to help clear the situation. There are some new viruses being created everyday that can get passed software so its a good idea to make sure that you continue updating your software. Uniblue was the registry cleaner I used. Good Luck
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 11:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i guess theres viruses all on cm
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My husband always tells his clients to stay away from Norton and other anti virus software that comes with your system. Try Nod32 from Eset. We have been using it for years and have never had a problem. He also recommends it to his clients and they have all been running free and clear. They have a free 30 day trial so you can test it out. The software will also remove and alert you to all suspicious activity.

If you want to continue using your systems anti virus or defender, make sure that you update it frequently. There is a lot of money to be made in the virus industry, so they are always coming up with ways to get past your security. Stay up to date and try out Nod32. It's definitely worth it.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 2:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011