The father son holy spirit.

My mind wonders to many places. so you have God the Father Jesus the son, what if the Holy Spirit was a woman? we the helper the teacher the servant ( because we want to and so not in a bad way more like helper) to man. So the holy spirit is this to God. And if we were made in the image of God where did we get our different body part our different thought process? im not saying i believe this but just its just one of my weird thoughts lol

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 11:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that the three are one. God became a man in Jesus so that Jesus could die for our sins. Jesus rose from the dead to offer salvation to all people through spiritual renewal and rebirth. When Jesus ascended into heaven, his physical presence left the earth, but he promised to send the Holy Spirit so his spiritual presence would still be among mankind.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It's not weird at all. However, I believe that God is not one gender or another. Man is the one who calls "Him" the "Father". In reality, God is neither male nor female, and most likely the Holy Spirit is the same. Jesus is male because that is what He was born as when He was brought down here to earth. However, as God, I also believe Jesus is neither male nor female either. Only during His time on earth was he given a specific sex.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• That's not weird, that's just one of the many versions of Paganism that posit God as male and female rather than a specific pantheon.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• From my point of view no because They are three in one, separate but one. Also if the Holy Spirit was female then why would Christ on the Cross give his mother as our spiritual Mother? But again that's my belief.
    daps

Answer by daps at 11:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• God doesn't have a gender..in my opinion..
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 11:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It's not to weird OP... see within many different beliefs there are many Goddesses as there are Gods...
    For some of us that follow such a belief it's called *Balance* for me (as with some) we can not see
    1 God being of 3 without a balance to him i.e a Goddess... it's our version of the Trinity...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• it's more the role idea than an actual sexual difference. christ is the bridegroom and the earth is the bride it says in the bible. all people aren't women, and god isn't just a man. we, meaning men and women were made in the image of christ. he is the father and we are the children. again, not any measurable "physical" or "sexual" role, just a comparison of the relationship between his people and himself as lord. he being the preferable term in this day. a man is one half in his image, the woman is the other. together on earth they form the whole being (there are passages that refer to neither being whole until they are together as one) and so god is the whole that we as seperate earthly beings cannot be, it transcends anything we understand in the physical and exists in the spiritual realm, we have to take it in faith like much of the belief.
    mrstheriault

Answer by mrstheriault at 1:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• That's not weird at all, OP! Many religious traditions honored the feminine side of the divine, sometimes recognizing a female goddess only and sometimes both gods and goddesses. I don't literally believe in personal gods and saw them as metaphors when I was Wiccan and Christian, but it makes more sense to me that the divine would be balanced--male and female goddess or the Tao (and yin-yang) ideas in Taoism.

Many Gnostics recognized Sophia, goddess of Wisdom, and some believe the Holy Spirit is feminine. Sophia is the lost goddess of Christianity, but she's still there in idea of the Holy Spirit.

Sophia: Lost Goddess of Wisdom
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• There are many who believe in a feminine divine. I personally don't believe in the concept of the Trinity - I believe in the unity/oneness of God, but I'm open to God being female, though I really don't believe He has a gender (but I am open to the idea), and refer to Him in the masculine just because its what I'm used to, if that makes sense.

I think its great that you think for yourself, though, and aren't letting your thought be limited by the opinions of others. Its always important to follow your own convictions! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011