• In the Spotlight:

non-smoker vs. smoker

What do you think of smoking in the same home as an infant? Any tips for keeping a babies room smoke free when people who live with you smoke? Other than move that isnt an option.

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• y did u ask the same question
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• keep them in a different room with an air purifier. My mil was a smoker and we lived with her when my dd was born. I also smoke but never smoked in the house with the kids. She made it clear she didnt plan to stop. So I got an air purifier and kept the baby in that room and no one could smoke in that room. I saved up enough money along with dh and we moved out asap.
    Anonymous

• I have the same question. My whole family smokes in the house, knowing that my baby is around.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• That sucks I hate when people smoke around my babies.I smoke but not around them expecilly when they were babies.Sorry some people are clueless about that stuff.
    Anonymous

• I think it's horrible! If there is no way to move out, I would at least talk to them about smoking outside or only in one room, like the kitchen. That is terrible they would be that disrespectful to you! Maybe if you print out some articles about the dangers of second-hand smoke?
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Maybe if they aren't super defensive you could tell them how smoke effects the baby and ask them to smoke outside? I know some people are not receptive, but some are .
    Anonymous

• Just try to educate them to how dangerous cigarette smoke is to infants...aside from the obvious dangers it increases their chance of getting ear infections. I'm sure they don't want that...maybe they'll understand and decide to smoke outside.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I have that problem. I tell him go into another room and open a window only in the winter but I cant stand it stil. I quit when I got pregnant and its crazy how nasty it smells now. I would try to explain the damages it has on baby.
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2008