Have you used a moby wrap?

if so did you like it? What was the heaviest/oldest your child was when you used it. I'm considering buying a used one to try out with my 18 mth old when shopping. If he's too big it wouldn't be a waste cause we are FTC anyway. Also does it put less pressure on your back? I could never use a normal baby carrier cause my back couldn't stand it.

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I made my own. It is basically just a long piece of fabric (6 yards), it is just learning how to tie it (videos on the moby website). I am smaller and large busted, so wearing more weight around my front is harder on me than it might be for some people, but I used it until my youngest was about 14-16 months. It is great when they are baby-babies though.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Oopps that was suppose to say ttc not FTC
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I did, and what little use I got out of it, I LOVED! I actually remember doing dishes with mine on. Unfortunately my LO couldn't stand it - which was odd because she was a preemie, so I was convinced she would love that feeling of being close to me. I got about three month's usage out of it and then she started getting fussy whenever I put her in it. But I've heard that with all carriers - some babies love them, others don't. But I would definitely recommend the Moby over any other wrap, without a doubt. And with so many ways to wrap it, I'm sure you can find a way to hold your 18-month-old that makes him AND you happy.
    EloisesMomma

Answer by EloisesMomma at 12:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• found it very confusing to wrap and kind of a hassle to put on and take off all the time. i use a Baby K'tan carrier now which is like a wrap, but without the wrapping, and we love it. the way the wrap/k'tan hold lo is wonderful. it didn't hurt my back because you can spread the fabric open wide and it distributes the weight pretty well. we still use our k'tan at 21 lbs, although i know a lot of people stop using their stretchy wraps at around 15lb because of comfort. but we still love it :)
    TameraZoli

Answer by TameraZoli at 3:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011