Oil rig wives

Any other oil rig wives out there?? My dh works offshore and is gone 14 and home 14. What do you do to pass the time while he is gone??

sunsetbeach81

Asked by sunsetbeach81 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep - we're out here. DH doesn't work offshore.. but he's gone pretty much just as many hours. He's out of town right now. May get to come home this weekend - but will turn around and go right back out of town again.... it's our life.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 11:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• What do I do to pass the time.... I live like a single person (minus the dating and going out and crap).... I keep my own schedule and do my own thing. I live for the times when he gets to come home. And sure enough, when he does come home, my whole schedule is turned up-side-down, but I don't mind. It's the price I voluntarily pay for being in love with him.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 11:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Amen!! I am the same way. Its nice to know I am not alone though. Thanks!
    sunsetbeach81

Comment by sunsetbeach81 (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2011