Teen pregnancies

nothing against teen moms because my sister and me are teen moms but i just wanted some opians so i live in this small Colorado town and teen pregnancies has always been high but lately its getting bad this year alone there's 10 freshmen pregnant and like 15 other high school students so i just wanted to hear peoples takes on this

luckygurl17

Asked by luckygurl17 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm gonna leave this one alone...btw it's teen pregnancy.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i'm no one to judge, and you shouldn't either.

pregancie is spelled pregnancy, and opians is spelled opinions
    Anonymous

• Perhaps parents are too uptight in your town, and aren't allowing their children access to birth control and condoms.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Well my take on this is that every baby is a miracle and a gift planned or not there is a reason for everything no matter how old you are. I dont have anything against teen moms because I think its a gift no matter who or how old you are. Good Luck !
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 11:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yuck. This is why God wanted people to wait until they were married to have sex.

Don't be offended...you did ask for people's opinions, and this just happens to be mine.
    Anonymous

• I think it's sad... but as long as they take care of their baby I won't judge. I got prego at 20 and I wish I would have waited so I could have had some more fun and finished college but you know I'm managing and I take care of my son.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Wow, some moms on here are so snobby and think they are so much better than others. It really shows when they get anal about a word spelled wrong. Grow up!

As for your question, my opinion is that a lot of kids these days are totally unsupervised and left to raise themselves. We live in a culture that is so sexually saturated kids grow up thinking they need to be doing that to fit in. Sad sad sad.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would think that if teens are going to have sex their going to have sex the best thing you can do is talk to them and make sure they understand the possible outcome of the decisions. I was an extremely young mom and I do think that a young mom needs to care for her child on her own. I think that if she's believes she's old enough to have sex she is old enough to care for the child for the most part on her own.

Regardless a mother is a mother no matter your age. I don't think that age has anything to do with it, it's what you do as a mother that counts!
    .Jessica

Answer by .Jessica at 11:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think its sad. for so many reasons. for the girls and for the babies themselves. I'm 22 and my twins will be 2 in september. there are so many things I can't provide for them because of when I had them (at 20) due to my age and career level and money issues. and there are so many things in my own life that i have to sacrifice for them. its worth it to me, but there are those out there who resent their kids because of those things. like a close friend of mine, her mom had her at 18 and all of her life her mom was very emotionally abusive to her, because she totally resented her and giving up her life.
    I think people should wait until they are finacially stable, mature and generally really ready to have a child, before they have any children. not because I judge teen moms or young moms, and not because i think its immoral, but because I live it everyday of my life and its very hard on myself and my children.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Wow, I suck at spelling, so I'm gonna think twice before I post anything on here. lol. Anyway, I think that it's sad!! True, all babies are gifts and are precious, however, teenagers who are forced to grow up before they are ready, aren't ALWAYS the best parents. And hey, it's hard enough for a college educated adult to provide for a family, so it's gonna be twice the struggle for these teens. I was 16, and I love my daughter, but I want her to make better choices, and do so much more for her children, than I ever could for her. I want to cry when I see these girls walking around w/ their belly's all big. If they only knew what they were in for!! It's heartbreaking.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2011