Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Where is the best place to get help for a child with ADHD

I don't feel like the local doctors in our town are the best. I'm wondering if anyone has been to some professional in Billings Montana. Who was it and what did you think about them?


Asked by GrandmaBRT at 12:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 3 (15 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Check out univeristy hospitals. My stepdaughter got some testing done there. Also, if the diagnosis is already completed, make sure you get a psychiatrist or psychologist to work with the child, and also a nutritionist and a behavioral therapist. Good luck!

    Oh, and check out THE ADHD BOOK OF LISTS--it's an AWESOME resource for parents and teachers.

    Answer by laird6372 at 2:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • Our DD was diagnosed with this just a week ago. We had been seeing a psychologist that was saying she had ODD. But she definitely is NOT ODD. This upset me quite a bit since we were seeing this person for a while now and that was all he was saying she was. Our doctor and her teacher both felt that was not the case with her. We then were seen by her new psychiatrist, and from everything I had told him, and my daughters Connor scoring. From what he witnessed himself, was that she does indeed have ADHD.

    Thank you laid6372---- I am going to research this book! Something to help us understand more about our little girl!

    Answer by ali_1107 at 5:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2011