Do you paint your DD nails?

I'm just curious if anyone else does this. I was painting my nails one day and my dd was watching me. So I decided to paint hers too. She smiled and liked looking at her nails afterwards.

tnvplus2

Asked by tnvplus2 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes. My teenagers have always enjoyed painting their nails or having me do it. I think it's part of the important process of enjoying and bonding with your daughter. But I recently took my two year old to the doctor and the doctor was appalled that her little nails were painted, saying she'll ingest small flakes of the polish and it's very unhealthy. Well, so I asked 4 other doctors who also work at that practice who I have had cause to see for other reasons with other children or for myself, and they have unanimoulsy said, "Paint her nails! If she swallows some tiny flecks, it will pass through her body harmlessly"
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• me and my dd go have mani/pedis...she got her first at 3 and they love her at the salon she goes to
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes. We have mani/pedi day every two weeks. I love that she loves spending that time with me.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 12:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• my mother used to paint my nails, as early as i can remember was 3 yo. it actually stopped my from biting my nails at a very young age because i didn't want to ruin the color. she would also draw smilies on my nails with a marker, and that thrilled me no end!
    mrstheriault

Answer by mrstheriault at 1:10 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I paint my 2 yr old nail also. She saw me do it, so she wanted me to paint hers. Lot of people will look at me and wonderd how I got my 2 yr old to sit still thay long!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yup... I've been painting ODD's (almost 3) nails for a long time.. Started with just her toes, until she learned to keep her fingers out of her mouth. We do it usually once a week.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Oh yes. I paint mine and all three of our grands (girls) , oh and i confess i use quick dry for our pug Summer Junes...............lol. True.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:18 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• oh yes i paint her finger nails and toe nails she loves it!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2011