Why are pedicitricians opinons so different about our children ?

Like for example one Dr. can say that I shouldnt feed my son baby food yet another will tell me I should and its ok. So I get lost because half the time my sons doctor is not in the office so he sees another who gives me a totally different talk than the other ! Anyone else having this issue ?

christinahenry

Asked by christinahenry at 12:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've heard so many moms talk about what their pediatricians recommend for their children (some very scary bad advice mixed in there too...) I guess it depends on what type of schooling they had, how new they are to the practice, their personal beliefs, etc. Some old doctors think mixing karo syrup in formula helps digestion, others say it's harmful. Others think breastfeeding is the only way to go, while some think formula is better for weight gain. You're going to get as many different opinions on childcare from health professionals as you will from any parents, grandparents, random strangers. It's really all about what you think is best for your child.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 12:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Thank you EdwinsMommy I appreciate the answer yeah I am a new mom so I always thought that the Dr. knows best but when I get so many different answers it makes me so nervous so I like to ask experienced moms such as you about these things because honestly moms and dads go throught these things the Dr's dont lol
    christinahenry

Comment by christinahenry (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agree with the first comment.
    It's not just pediatricians~ everyone has their opinion. Realtors, grocers, OBs, midwives, bankers, manicurists, nurses...
    Hopefully they will give you factual information before making their recommendations, though.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2011