Was there an admission in the Black Panther statement that we're missing?

Yeah, Yeah, I know - the whole "Uncle Tom" thing is rubbing some people wrong, even me... really, Uncle Tom?.... now who is tossing us back into racial controversy, can't exactly say this is white America breeding racism can ya --- BUT what caught my attention was this quote.....

"We've held back for some time on this Negro ..... and tried to hope that the "Nature" of the black man would somehow come to reality; he caved in like a punk"

I'm afraid to even think about what they mean by that. Someone (a personal friend) suggested that this statement can be interpreted this way ; That they were counting on Obama to press the 'black issue' in America ( to rub the white nose in the proverbial crap) ....
But I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around that interpretation.

What do you think he meant by ".... the *Nature of the black man would come through" (and yes, he did put particular emphasis on the word nature). What do you think they were hoping for?
Also, the *Way* this guy used the word Negro just disturbed me... it's like the N-word that we all walk on egg shells about is not the bad N-word after all.

Side Note: I guess that hope-y, change-y thing didn't work out for the Black Panthers either. LOL

I will say that this guy's whole statement and attitude struck me as racism at it's ugliest.

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 12:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• "We've held back for some time on this Negro ..... and tried to hope that the "Nature" of the black man would somehow come to reality; he caved in like a punk"
    ***
    So does this mean they (and millions of others) voted for Obama SOLELY because he is biracial?! Did they think voting for Obama would solve all of their ills, as he would "rise up" in the nature that is apparently exclusive to black men?!

And by "punk," (which is typically used in describing Caucasian males) are they saying that Obama isn't black enough?! Hmmmmm...Apparently the "first black president", wasn't all they hoped he'd be. And we STILL have 21 months to go. Ugh.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't really think we are missing anything. Anything more and I will be the one labeled as a racist! LOL
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 5:39 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think what he meant was they had hoped he would further whatever causes they had on their table and not do equally for all races. He was supposed to be their president imo in their eyes. Obana turned into a cooperate sponsor instead.

As for 91% of black voters supporting him still? I am not so sure. I live in the south and he took NC for two reasons. One was the college students voting here in NC not their home state & because we have higher populations of black voters who maybe did not vote before until 2008. I have seen many of those black voters and college students change their opinions about Obama in the past couple of years. I am unsure how many would actually end up going back to the polls in 2012 without seeing the change they expected.

Answer by gemgem at 7:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• 91% of black voters still support Obama. 5% must be BlackPanthers and 4% must be Pastors.
    TD Jakes refers to Obama as the Dark Skinned President....lol....he aint BLACK-he's a chameleon.
    As far as the video, He's clearly an angry militant with issues. The more people upset and angry at Obama the Happier I am so I hope Mr Shabazz can get his hateObama rhetoric out to more black voters, and soon. Mr Cain and Mr West need votes.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't think the Black Panthers speak for any but a small minority of people. They are extreme and militant...two things that most people avoid!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Sweet-a-kins, I would have to agree with Shelby. I think this question is over your head. You have not answered the question that was asked. You have not said anything that pertains to the question. Your comments make absolutely no sense. It sounds to me as though you either have a chip on your shoulder or you truly do not understand what you are reading. As Shelby said, you really should choose a category that better suits your knowledge and level of understanding.
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 6:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• LOL Of course that's what they hoped. I'm referring to the Black Panthers not the whole of the black community. While there are blacks who think the same way I think most of them just followed the crowd who hoped blacks/white issues would be no more with a black man at the helm. If they hadn't we would see more of them jumping ship. Not so sure many are not afraid they will also become "uncle Toms" if they admit that they are not satisfied with what should have been their dream.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I suppose he is unhappy that there was no check in the mail.

I agree with JJB, we should put this guy everywhere.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• The good news is that they do not like Obama and we do not like Obama, so he is losing his supporters fast and no will vote for him.

Sounds great to me!

I do not know where you get the 91% of black voters still support him. I hear blacks saying they will not vote for him again?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

•  as a country we cannot allow our president to fall to this kind of predator\

Who is a predator and what does Obama have to do with them?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2011