Alcohol is more dangerous than weed. So why is alcohol legal and weed is not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• That is a good question I wish they would make alcohol and cigarettes illegal that would be so cool !
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:36 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agreeeeee... I'm just fine right now. Kind of hungry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Anyone have some dorito sandwiches?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• LOL. I agree that it's messed up in terms of legislating our health, but the actual reason, I suspect, has to do with the fact that weed is easy to grow and difficult, therefore, to tax. The government doesn't want people choosing a drug they can supply themselves with, because they would lose $$$ in tax revenue, not to mention the economic ramifications of losing alcohol industry.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It all has to do with the fact that its to hard for them to tax it
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• How about we make all of it illegal :)
    mommytobe626

Answer by mommytobe626 at 12:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If they want to legalize weed, then they need to make it illegal to grow your own, and only have approved growers.. and tax the hell out of the crap. Also, make laws that you can NOT smoke around children, inside rental properties, no where near businesses, and such.. I personally hate the smell of weed, but I believe it could potentially bail this country out of debt.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Alcohol is established big corporate business pulling a lot of political weight . Pot is not .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You're all so right. It's all about money, not about safety.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Well, it's easy enough to brew beer in your kitchen. I knew soldiers that brewed beer in their barracks rooms a loooong time ago. I wouldn't be surprised if wine making can be done, or is done, at home. I had some moonshine, sitting around a campfire, which, was NOT bought from an ABC store.
    I do agree, alcohol is more dangerous. Though, if weed has an alternate effect on a person, apparently it can cause permanent damage, mentally. But, alcohol has a much higher rate of damage, so.....
    Perhaps if MORE people made their own alcohol at home, and the government couldn't tax that, no, wouldn't be enough. IDK. It's just a never ending fight.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2011