Vaporizors for DD's allergies?

Does anyone know if there's anything I can add to my DD's cool mist humidifier for her allergies? She usually doesn't have allergies this bad, but this Spring... they're terrible! Do I REALLY need to buy a special allergy humidifier or is there something else I can add to the one I already have?

brandy0827

Asked by brandy0827 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Most doc don't recommand humidifers cool or not. How old is she?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If shes old enough, she might be able to get allergry shots. They are wonderful! Or put her on the new OTC stuff Allegra (sp?) That stuff is AWESOME! Others tips u can do is get a special allergen filter for your A/C or furnance which ever u have now. I am sure u probably heard all ths before. My DH has horrid allergies also. I think my dd is getting the same thing. Shes getting them early so hopefully she builds and immunity againist them.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Well, she's (my DD's 9) taking prescription Singulair tablets once a day and liquid Zyrtec twice a day. She developed this awful, awful, AWFUL cough a few days ago when the 'pollen tree' (I'm not sure exactly what type of tree it is, only that it sheds a lot of pollen). I took her to the doctor because I thought she had strep, but the doc said her allergies were just flaring up. She said if the humidifier helps at night, then we can use it if we want. But (of course AFTER we left) my friend said that to see if there's allergy humidifiers or some sort of additive we can put in the one we have, but when I looked online all I could find was allergy humidifiers, but they seem more like they're for people who have constant allergies, not just seasonal allergies. But I'll definitely change the A/C filter to an allergen one, thanks for the great suggestion!
    brandy0827

Comment by brandy0827 (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011