This is kinda embarassing but I was wondering if anyone after having a baby for the first time via c-section had issues with sex. Like its been almost a year and I have not felt the need or want for sex. Like I dont feel anything lol is that bad ? Is it normal ?

Like I dont feel sexy anymore I feel that sex was for the purpose of making a baby and I have so why do I need to do it. I am afraid that if I dont have sex with my husband soon he might go to someone else. I dont know what to do !

I guess I should ad that I had postpartum depression as well as PTSD due to the birth of my child. I was in labor for 36 hours pushed for 4 hours then they said I was gonna have to have a C-section and then during the procedure when they cut me air went into my R shoulder and they had to knock me out because I was screamin in pain I guess that might be part of it ,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• It's actually not normal to lose your sex drive after a baby, but it IS very common. In many cases, the problem is nutritional. The same vitamins, minerals and fatty acids that are responsible for sex drive and sexual response are also responsible for managing stress, and if the body is depleted, it will choose the stress response over the sexual response. Increasing food sources of zinc, magnesium, calcium, iron, arginine, vitamin C, B-12, choline, inositol and Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids could help you with consistent increased intake over the course of 4-8 weeks, along with stress management techniques like prayer, meditation and exercise.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• First of all...that shouldn't be an issue with the fear of your boyfriend leaving you...second, it's the hormones, not the c-section itself...I had a c-section and honestly it comes and goes...I think it's got a lot more to do with the fact that you're now raising a little one, you're tired, you don't feel like yourself, etc...if it's a big concern for you then you should go see your doc.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It's totally normal to lose your sex drive after having a baby, and yes it can take years sometimes to recover. I don't know that the c-sec has anything do to with it - it can happen after a natural birth too. Advice: do it even though you don't really want to. I make sure to let my husband have sex with me at least once a week or so, to satisfy him. It's not fair to make him go without indefinitely just because you're not in the mood, or yeah, he might look elsewhere.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I didnt feel that way after my first c-section but after my second one less then a yr later yes thats still how i feel for the most part and itll b 3 yrs in june since then
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i didn't feel that way after my first baby. but i hope things get better with you
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I under stand you I wasn't feeling it and a lot of time still I don't look at sex the same way I used too it will get better just have sex just do it that's what I needed to do it will get better but have sex for ur hubby. Talk to ur Dr it won't hurt I was scared to talk to someone
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• wt you are going thru is very normal all you have to do is not trying too hard to ignite ur sex drive, the more you try the more you leave out the basic of making love, ie, because you want to. dont dwell on the negative side of it believe that you are still sexy, tht ur hubby loves u mo, that way you let go of the negative energy
    linah12345

Answer by linah12345 at 3:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had PTSD after the birth of my second child, and had some issues with sex after her birth. But I had to work through them, and thank God, it only took a couple of months for us. Good luck!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 7:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agree with Fistandantalus. I would also like to echo...go see a doctor. They are there for a reason.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I felt that way after I had my baby. My husband understood why I felt that way.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2011