Kinda Depressing.

I have been really depressed lately because I KNOW I wont be able to get me kids anything for Christmas. Money is very tight we are barely able to pay our bills. And Its not like they arent getting anything their NANA has already bought them hundreds of dollars worth of stuff. Well My sister was on the phone with me earlier and she said "so are you going shopping tomorrow?" "what are you going to get the kids?" and I said "no I'm not I dont have the money and I really dont want to talk about it." She said well why dont you go to a toys for tots for the kids and I got mad because she knows I dont take handouts and there a more needy kids that would need that stuff. and like I said its not like they arent getting anything because they are just not from us. And they are yong anyway they are 2 and 1. Anyway.
Anyone else have a depressing story about Christmas? Or am I the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My SO and I aren't married so one of our families wont see the baby at all. They are all coming the week after Christmas and dont want to get her anything they are so offended.
    Anonymous

• Aw those are sad.
    For the OP, you are giving your little ones the greatest gift of all, love. Instead of purchased presents, some cookies in a little baggie, or extra time spent singing carols, some inexpensive or free gifts of time and love.
    For 7:36 anon, I feel badly for the rift in your family. All I can suggest is to be considerate and loving of them so that they don't drift farther away. Good luck and give your little one an extra hug.

Answer by Bmat at 7:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I have a little bit of money but not much.everyone in my family is broke too so noone is able to get anyone anything.Most of my familys either been laid off or work in construction so they dont have work right now.What really sucks is my sil dont work and lives off everybody and has more money than I do.(dont get me wrong im not bashing people who dont work i was a sahm for 6 yrs but shes not with anyone and has no reason not to work)And my kids are older 10,7,5 so its harder to get by with small cheap stuff. I feel your pain mama.
    Anonymous

• Honey I would not worry about it at all! Your babies will be just fine and they don't understand anyways. After Christmas, start putting away even $2/week. By next Christmas, you will have a good amount of money. That is what I did this year and Christmas is so less stressful! I have the money automatically withdrawn from my account.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Honestly I recently found out that when I was being raised by my grandma we were dirt poor. Almost starving poor and I NEVER knew. My grandma saved change here and there and went to the dollar store and got me presents. Kids don't seem to notice money issues. The dollar tree actually has some VERY nice things!!
    Right now I'm sad cuz I won't be able to get my new baby very much. Maybe one big thing or a few small toys... I want to give him the world and I can't. But I love him very much and he'll never wont for my love
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• You girls all need to check out Chacha.com. I answer questions on my computer and since August I have made over 600.00 in my spare time, while watching television at night. That is how i made christmas money. When they ask for who referred you put down Tahoe0470. Good luck and Thanks.
    TAHOEGIRL70

Answer by TAHOEGIRL70 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Im in the same boat as you. But I have 5 kids. I dont have money to give them a christmas. And of course my grandparents buy them things but its just not the same. I signed up for toysfortots this year cuz I cant get them anything. I really hated to do that. But at least my kids will have something. Anyways I hope the best for you and your family. I wish I could help you too.
    Anonymous

• At that age just unwrapping the paper is the highlight, really. You could just give them some inexpensive things to unwrap and they'll be so happy! Don't feel so down on yourself. They don't care about how much it costs. Just hug and kiss and love them and enjoy being with them. I wish you the best this year ***hugs***.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 28, 2008