My dh wants me to go to church on every sunday but i do not believe in god. i have read the whole bible and there are so many flaws and contradictions. not to mention all the science against it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I belive in God but I am not one to push or force my beliefs on people but it sounds like you 2 need to have a sit down and discuss this so that it doesn't tear apart your marriage. You need to find out why he wants you to go to church- is he trying to prove to you that there is a God, is he trying to convert you, or does he just want to share his time with you .... communication is a big thing in a marriage.
    Good luck
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 1:26 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Did you know that your husband was religious when you married him? Did he know how you felt about GOD? Well, then he should understand, and you should as well. I would hope you two were on the same page when getting married. thats your choice, and I guess he would have to respect that.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 1:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• And the question is?
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 1:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Did you discuss religion before you were married? Is his wanting you to attend church a new thing?

Actually it doesn't matter. If you don't want to go, he can go by himself - he doesn't "own" you.

Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 1:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• well don't go.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• religion is one of the main causes of failed relationships, nip the problem in the bud soon!
    mrstheriault

Answer by mrstheriault at 1:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Op is probably looking for advice. You should respect where he stands with christianity. I am not saying you don't, but just saying for the record. And he should understand your stance on religion and be respectful of your decision and your beliefs. I wouldn't go to church if my DH asked me too. I wouldn't even go to church the one time a year my Mom wanted me to. It caused a lot of frustration but EVERYONE knew where I stood on the topic. I did not budge. Eventually people backed off and accepted my decision.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I did not read the bible until years after being married.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Well is this putting problems with your marriage I would just go if its going to make problems its only. A few hours a week
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Then I would recommend this book: http://www.amazon.com/Parenting-Beyond-Belief-Raising-Religion/dp/0814474268

It's a parenting book, not a relationship book (obviously), but it has a great chapter on dealing with issues that come up when a couple doesn't share the same religious beliefs.

Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 1:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2011