Swim suits....and annoying judgemental moms -.-

i took my cousin to the pool today because she was visiting and i had to babysit, so i called my boyfriend and asked him to come pick me and her up and take us to the public pool by his house (there isnt a public pool near my house) so i tell her to put her bikini on and she does and put her shorts and t-shirt over it and since im pretty big now that im 21 weeks pregnant i just threw on a shirt and my board shorts, and we go to the pool, now her bikini has "padding" in it and she asked me to unbunch it because it folded up when my aunt threw it in the washing machine so i was fixing it and this lady walks by me and says "how disgusting, a little girl with padding in her top" i look at her and say "if it was up to me i would have pulled it out but since shes not my kid but my cousin its not my choice" she gets this sour look on her face and walks away, my boyfriend just laughs and makes a silly remark about me being protective over my cousin, then when were leaving a mom with her 4 kids walks into the shower area and see's my cousin pulling the padding out of her bikini top, it was fine with me since i just pull the padding out as soon as i get it, and yes i made sure it was ok with my aunt if she could pull it out. but the lady grabs my cousins hand and starts yelling at her like she was doing something wrong....shes 11 has no chest and looks like a 7 year old wearing a ruffly bikini with a little padding in it, and this time my boyfriend walks up to the lady (he's really protective over me and doesnt like when i have to "fight" with someone) and tells her "excuse you...why are you touching my girlfriends cousin?" and she gets all butt hurt and starts screaming at him saying things like "little girls shouldnt have padding in their bikinis" "shes touching herself inappropriately in public" i finally just walk up to her and say "for one thing shes 11 years old, a pre teen, not a little kid, and a second thing shes no where near touching her chest since shes only grabbing the padding in the bikini top....so if you wouldnt mind please mind your own business" she freaks out sooooo bad and starts screaming at me now about how im a little slut for being pregnant so young and saying that the baby probably isnt even my boyfriends baby and she just goes on and on

should i have said something else? or did i do the right thing pulling my cousin away and leaving the pool to go home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• wow, sorry you had to go thru that, what a bitch
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• im 18 to! its not like im 15 O.o
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• as hard as it was to not get in her face you did the right thing by leaving those ladies were way out of line
    dominique1108

Answer by dominique1108 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think you did the right thing. People like that are not worth the headache, because they already "know" they are right, and you aren't going to change their mind. She's isn't worth your breath. However, I would have pissed me off too. How dare she touch your cousin! and call you a slut! People just need to mind their own business.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• wow. with someone that nuts I think walking away is the best thing. she seriously grabbed a girl she doesn't know. who the hell knows wth she might do??
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 1:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• What a bitch if anyone said that to me I would have told her off but u did the right thing walking away is the best thing
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• it scared the crap out of me when the second lady grabbed my cousin O.O i was about to slap her but me and my boyfriend go to that pool all the time when its hot and i didnt want to get us banned from there......the only parts about the whole thing today was the lady grabbing my cousin and that same lady screaming at me....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• That's a horrible experience, for you and your cousin. You did the right thing by walking away. No clue what that woman would have done, since she sounds seriously unstable.
    fallynn415

Answer by fallynn415 at 1:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think the others were way out of line & you can't help how idiotic some ppl can be :( boo to the other ladies who need to get over it & mind their own
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 1:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I wouldn't personally let my girls wear those until they are older but that doesn't mean I would go out in public and say ANYTHING to someone elses child or their parent or whoever is with them about their bathing suit of choice.  That was ridiculous.  No, I wouldn't have walked away.  That's my own personal choice just as what swimsuit my girls wear are.  I can imagine it was freaking scary.  She should be ashamed of herself.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2011