Motivation to work out

how do you keep your self motivated to work out on a regular basis

dominique1108

Asked by dominique1108 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I put the eliptical infront of the t..v. and that's the only time I allow myself to watch t.v. It's a win win
    TaRaToNkS

Answer by TaRaToNkS at 1:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I didn't like working out untill I got the wii now that keeps me motivated because its fun and you can do it with others as well
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'm going to have to try Taratonks' suggestion LOL!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Find something you love to do! I was getting bored when I joined a beginner running group, made new friends who also grew to love running and working out and running became a social thing as well. It's amazing how much we've all transformed when you look at pictures of us 18 months ago...we're not the gym bunny type, we actually get sweaty, work hard and keep each other on track.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i need help too. i have no motivation whatsoever. i even let my gym membership expire.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• just my kids.... trying to keep up with them. and also making sure THEY dont become lazy
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You have to find ways to work through those slumps in motivation. I have a list of the reasons why I am doing this, and it reminds me when I have a tough time getting going. Having a workout buddy to keep you accountable is good, too. Keeping a routine makes a big difference for me, and I feel awful if I don't workout for a couple of days. I remind myself that I always feel better after I've worked out. Find ways to make it fun for you!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My friend motivates me. she always makes me go when i don't want to.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011