Is it normal to have period cramps that come and go for a couple days with alot of discharge at 34 weeks I also had sharp pains in my left side? adult content

I'm 34 weeks and I have been having period like cramps off and on that last for quite awhile with more discharge then normal, I also had a hard time getting up this morning and I had sharp pains in my left side is this normal or has anyone else gone though this? What could be causing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like a kidney infection possibly. Have you contacted your OB/GYN? Hope you get better soon.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• seriously, call your obgyn. Can be a kidney infection or dehydration. But it sounds like pre-labor. That can happen up to weeks before you actually do the real thing. If it is, and only the ob can tell you it is, they will probably give you a perscription to help stop or soften the cramps unitl it's time. Look and make sure the discharge isn't smelly or pink tinged, those mean see a doc soon.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I delivered my 2nd child at 34 weeks....hope you're not starting labor! Good luck!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 7:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i had this happen for a while too...lay on your right side and drink lots of water..take some tylenol to help your muscles relax as well...some of the pain could be from the baby getting bigger moving down and moving around a lot...the way my dr described it to me was when you have the pain on one side its from the baby constantly hitting your back with its shoulder and head...when you are going into labor you will have the pain all across your back and stomach not just on one side...i know what he means now because yesterday i started having random period like cramps all over my tummy im due in two days so i see the difference in the feeling but laying on my right side and drinking lots of water really helped ease the pain even though they suggest laying on your left side since thats the side that hurts try the right side first then the left if that doesnt help but of course if the pains get worse call your doctors office
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• could it be possible that your discharge is maybe your mucus plug? hope you feel beter good luck!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011