Did you hear or feel a pop just before you gave birth?

When I was in labor with my second baby just before the contractions were on top of each other I heard a pop then feel contraction after contraction after contraction until I finally pushed her out. Did anyone else feel this?

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 2:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The only 'pop' I remember hearing was in the two weeks leading up to L&D... according to the doctor, it was my pelvis moving violently in preparation for the birth.. I was a VERY small framed girl who had been told that there was NO WAY I could deliver naturally... I set you to prove him wrong (my mother was my size too and had 6 kids naturally).... I was practically bed-ridden after the pops... and was in terrible pain for a week, but then the popping stopped and about the same time I was feeling more able to walk normally - the labor came... and yes, I delivered my baby naturally, completely natural - no pain meds, just me and baby. I do remember a "ploop" and a "whush".... aat delivery... the "ploop" was the babyies shoulders clearing the vagina, the 'whush' was the afterbirth evacuating. Other than that, no odd sounds.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 3:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I didn't. The only birth I ever had without medication I don't remember. The others I had epidurals.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• That didn't happen with any of my three deliveries. Could it have been your water breaking? My sister said she felt a pop when her water broke.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• nope my baby was too big and i had difficulty breathing because of the pain so they had to deliver my baby through Cesarean section. am not very sure about the biology terms bt wn did ur water break
    linah12345

Answer by linah12345 at 3:10 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had a C-section so no
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 3:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Nope it wasn't because the midwife had to pop my water. I have heard of other women describing this in their birth stories once in a while I just wonder what it means.
    dragonqueen

Comment by dragonqueen (original poster) at 3:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes, I felt a pop with DD (scheduled C-Section) right after I woke up with contractions and my water broke, and felt a pop right before my water broke with my last still birth.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes. I felt it & heard it..
    Was this your first birth? My nurse said it is common in first births- its the cervix stretching past a certain point..

I was induced & was laying in bed. feeling nothing. chillin.... **POP**... "ouch what was that popping!" .... Contraction.... Contraction... Contraction... NONE STOP! i went from 0 to 100 that quick! and it not slow down till i delivered.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 29, 2011