When your the Step Mother , And the Step son refuses to Listen or Even respect the parents what do you do ? adult content

My StepSon is 17, He has been out of control the last year. Since he started dating the girl. He started using drugs, And has attached his dad three times in the last 6 months, So a week ago I told him to leave my home. After he hit and pushed me.
Now I just feel at a loss, I dont know if I handled this right. He is living with his Aunt at the moment. But I could not keep letting this go on. He was even Hitting his 12 year old sister and his 10 year old brother. I just wish I knew what to do. Any Advice would be helpful please.

MOMofTwo_99_00

Asked by MOMofTwo_99_00 at 3:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• You did the right thing. You had to protect the other kids and yourself from his behvior. Since he's 17, he has to be held accountable for his actions, whether we like it or not, he has to face consequences in this life. Assaulting his father was disrespectful and he needs to pay for that action...don't feel at a loss, look at it as him being able to get the help that he needs. Nothing is more of a reality check than standing up in front of a judge that holds his fate in his hands...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My brother did the same exact thing to me when we were younger. At the time I blamed it on the drug use. When he was high, he got violent, he was verbally abusive, it was like he was Dr Jeckel and Mr Hyde. He didn't care about anyone or anything. He hit me pretty good one night and lke u I called thr cops and pressed charges. I felt so damn guilty. But locking him up was one of best things I could of have done for him. He was younger then 17, so me and my mom asked the court if they can make him go to some kinda anger managment and talk to a therapist. It was then he was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder type 1. They put him on on mood stablizing drugs with a anti-depressant. Several months has went by They foud him the correct combo of meds, and now he is a completely different person as long as he was taking his meds.
    The drugs your SS has been doing now is making the bipolar mania ALOT worse. >>>>
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 4:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If his Dad was doing nothing to stop the behavior, you did the right thing. Tell him he can come home if he straightens hes act up.

Answer by louise2 at 5:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes you did the right thing. Nobody should have to live with someone they're afraid of. If he cant keep his hands to himself he can live in juvy or a group home until he's old enough to be on his own. You also have other children to consider too.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 12:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No, He never did any of the things he has been doing. He started to use drugs, Started being really disrespectful to everyone in my house. Hitting on his younger siblings, And even tried pushing me down steps once. I just didn't know what else to do. He is living at his Aunts. And he has a hearing coming up. The cops that came the night he attached his father and me, Pressed charges. I am just lost. I love him very much. I tried getting us family concealing he refused to do it. I tried getting him help with the drugs, He didn't want it. We even tried keeping him a way from his Girl friend, Who is nothing but trouble. The police told us that. And nothing works. He just sneaks and lies and dose what he wants.
    MOMofTwo_99_00

Comment by MOMofTwo_99_00 (original poster) at 3:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• what was he like before all this?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• When he goes to court, ask the judge if he can do the same as the judge did for my brother.
    I any case, your SS needs help as u know, and if it ends up he is doing drugs try and get mandatory drug testing once oir twice a month. Then see if u can get him to open up to u. Maybe there actually might be a good reason why he is doing what he is doing. GL
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 5:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• the cops would have been called n my home....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• His Dad and the cops should be involved, having him leave was the LEAST of what needed to be done.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Well telling him to leave the house probably wasn't wise, especially if it is his home too. But I understand why u did so. Did he do any of this before he started seeing this girl?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011