Umm is green poop bad ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• depends on what your lo ate! has he had pedialyte, or a lot of grape juice? sometimes that'll do it gl mama
    RedSoxWife

Answer by RedSoxWife at 3:39 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If you're breastfeeding, green poop can indicate that your baby isn't getting enough of the hind milk. Breastmilk is made up of two parts, foremilk and hind milk. If you pump you may have noticed that the first bit of milk that comes out looks almost watered down, while the milk that you pump towards the end of your session is much thicker looking - that would be the hindmilk part. The hindmilk is the more nutritious of the two and provides a lot of the fat. When your LO is only getting the foremilk it can make the poop a green color. I remember my son's looked like the color of grass and it freaked me out - which is why I looked it up and found out about this stuff, lol.
    I realized that in trying to nurse off of both sides during every session I wasn't always letting him get to the hindmilk. Once I started allowing him to nurse on one side as long as he wanted, the poop went back to normal :)
    MrsCheddar

Answer by MrsCheddar at 5:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• fruit loops turns your poop green
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 6:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2011