Can i still be pregnant after a miscarriage? adult content

I had a full miscarriage at 19 weeks, which was last week. They had to do a dnc and everything. I lost enough blood to lose consciousness, i still get dizzy spells sitting up or moving quickly.
I am not saying a word to my husband about my hope (fear?) that i may still be pregnant and i haven't talked to my doctor, cause how do you ask a question like that. At night or odd times during the day I feel my stomach move like a baby is kicking.
I've had three successful pregnancies before so I know that feeling. but could my insane imagination be ramping up gas or muscle spasms. I'm not really sure this is a question any more, maybe just a need for reassurance that I am not going crazy.

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 3:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a miscarriage at 19.5 weeks, so I can totally relate. It is your body going back to normal and some of it is in your head. You still haven't wrapped around the fact that you're not pregnant anymore. It's going to take some time. I had mine July of last year and I still cry any time we have sex and whenever I think about it. It just really upsets me. I had two prior MC's but never that far along. My other two I was 4 weeks and 6 weeks. I've also had three successful births, though one did pass from SIDS.

I feel for you. GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• oh i am so sorry momma, it is sooo highly unlikely after having a full miscarriage with a DNC that you could still be pregnant. my heart so goes out to you.
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 3:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have been there. What you are feeling is your uterus returning to normal. I am so sorry you are going through this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'm so sorry hon. I had a m/c but it was earlier than that. The others are right in saying its just your body going back to normal. And it will take several weeks for that to happen. In the meantime your grieving. Perhaps counseling might help? I know you'll never forget the one you lost. But with time you can try again.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You've just suffered a loss.  Give yourself time to grieve.  Yes, talk to your Dr. about it.  Your not crazy, your grieving.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You have no idea how good it is to read that someone else went through the same thing. So much of what has happened has felt like a really bad dream and feels so unreal sometimes.
    Audrice1985

Comment by Audrice1985 (original poster) at 4:57 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'm so sorry for your loss. It's very unlikely that you would still be pregnant after a D&C. It's just muscle spasms, most likely. Your body trying to return to normal. Hang in there, and know that it's okay to grieve for your lost baby.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 6:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss sweetheart. I think you should talk to your doctor and your DH about this. You and DH have to be there for each other *hugs*....maybe once you have done greiving...you can try for another baby... I wish you the best of luck.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2011