Has anyone heard of the Fly Pentop computer?

I want to buy one at target on sale tomorrow, anyone have one, and if so how do you like it?

lilymama03

Asked by lilymama03 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think those are so cool! I want to get one for my son for Christmas. There is a fancier one called Livescribe, but it's crazy expensive.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• They have the Fly tomorrow at Target for only 29.00 which is a great deal because regular price is 79.99. I hope I get one before they are gone!
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I saw that too. I don't know if I'll go tomorrow though. I'm going to Gymboree and then out of town for the day with my dad. But I've been looking at ebay and found some packages for the pen that include a bunch of the software games and instructive games and the notebooks for the price that the pen would be normally. The only thing I don't like about this pen and the livescribe is that you HAVE to use the special paper. But I think it'll be a great took for my son since he's starting high school next year.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I know, I wish you could just use regular paper with it too! That would make it more affordable in the long run. I am actually getting it for my husband because he is starting college and I think he would love it.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I got it for 20.00 through buzzagent. Its cool, you can write notes down and then transfer it to the computer. It comes with special paper and is great for ages over 10, it was a bit advanced for my ten year old. Have fun shopping.
    TAHOEGIRL70

Answer by TAHOEGIRL70 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• You should look into both the Leapfrog Fly Fusion and the Livescribe. The Livescribe is a little more expensive but it may be a better deal in the long run, especially for an adult. There is a computer program you can buy that enables you to print your own paper.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I bought one for my daughter last year, and i think it is junk! Never could get the thing to work. Took it back and replaced it, and still had the same exact problem. Tossed it in the trash. Sorry to say, Id tell anyone to save their money. :)
    lilmizmoore

Answer by lilmizmoore at 10:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Too late, just bought two. They have warrantys, I'll get my money back if they don't work.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2008