What are some easy simple cheap Christmas gifts?

DariAnn

Asked by DariAnn at 7:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Holidays

• What I do is buy a whole bunch of chocolate chips, flour, sugar etc and use old mason jars. I then layer the ingredients so it looks pretty in the jar. Then you write a gift tag with the recipe for chocolate chip cookies and put a nice ribbon on it and give them to friends and family. All they have to do is pour the jar into a bowl, add the milk and eggs and bake. They sell these at taget too for about 10 bucks, so doing it yourself is cheaper and you can make a whole bunch.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I go with gift cards. Because most stores sell them now and some for $10 I get them all year. Also I make simple gift baskets. For kids I do a movie basket with a popcorn bucket from the grocery store I fill it with shred then put all types of snacks, candies and a soda. If I really have extra Ill include a movie. For adults and couples Ive made a sweethearts basket with a bottle of sparkling cider or cheap wine, 2 wine glasses, some chocolates, an adult toy or something...but you get the idea. Also if its a very religious person i might do a Bible basket.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:07 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Or buy a pretty plate like at the dollar store and fill it with cookies, then get two mugs and do a layered hot choc. mix to go with it (in a mason jar).
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 9:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Walgreens has the 3 for $13 toys! Last year whn my DH lost his job a month b4 christmas I supplied most of christmas there!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Define cheap? because i will not spent less then 20 on a person..
    Anonymous

• I will be buying most of the kids on my list $2 dvds from Wal-Mart tomorrow on special. I like the PPs idea of doing a basket. Maybe you could do a popcorn bowl, a box of popcorn and a movie? That would be less than $10 a basket.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Gift cards?
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i have a cheap hubby who gave me $40 bucks to shop with last year the dollar store hod alot of stuff .
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 28, 2008