Are you adopted? Have one parent who isnt your birth parent?

If so - did you want to know your birthparents and if so why? Or did you not care? If so why didnt you care?

Why do you think some people care and some people dont?

Do you think people want to know their birthmother more than their birthfather?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Adoption

• No I'm not adopted and I know both my parents. But My son doesnt the man he kows to be his father isn't we got togethewhne he was 3m old. And I hope he never wants to know who his real father is because he is a bad man and would not be good for him. I would like to read your anwsers to help me when the time comes for my son to find out.
    Anonymous

• Anon 8.02pm I know how you feel - do you find it hard not to wonder what its going to be like when hes older? I hope my son grows up and doesnt want to either and isnt bothered by it - I dont want him to get hurt in anyway but each day I worry. This is why I am looking for others experiences.
    Anonymous

• My dad is not my bio dad, he and mom got together when I was still a baby and married when I was 2 1/2. He told me when I was about 8 years old that he wasn't my bio-dad. I did at times have some curiosity about my bio dad - well as much about the circumstances of mom's pregnancy as about the guy. Now that I have my own kids I would like to have a medical history, but other than that I have no desire to find or know my bio dad. I have a dad, he's the man who raised me, walked me to school the first day, taught me how to drive, walked me down the aisle at my wedding, is Gramps to my kids. Maybe if I hadn't had a dad, or such a great dad, I'd care more about him not being a blood relation, but I know my roots and he's part of them, not the other guy.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My dad is not my real dad.. I didnt know til i was 13. When i found out i ran away.I was really hurt that he would lie to me.He didnt want to tell me because he said he was selfish and didnt want to share me lol. But he will always be my daddy.I have met my real dad. He is a great guy also,but at the time he was not so great.My mom feels really bad,but i know now that im older she was protecting me. But She still should have told me sooner.

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I was not legally adopted by my step-father, but I was led to believe til the age of 15 that he was my 'real' father... My mother would finally tell me the truth when I was 15, but she never told me who my real dad was and I will never know. She passed away 10 years ago, keeping her secret. And yes, I would like to know the other half of me. Yet seems that is something that will forever be a big question mark in my life, my children's and my grandchildren's.
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 10:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I'm adopted. Found out at 19. My birth parents were always in the background of my life (I always thought they were a divorced Aunt and Uncle). My Dad and my sperm donor bio father are actually half brothers. It's a huge long drawn out story...lol I have no wish to ever speak to my bio father ever again. I do have a good friendship with my bio mother. She was also adopted and her bio mother refuses to tell who her bio father is. Like I said it's a LONG drawn out story that is a cross between a soap opera and a bad After School Special. But I wouldn't change any of it because the life I've led because of it all is much better than had they (the biologicals) kept me and tried to raise me themselves.
    ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2008