Why do people check "anonymous" when they answer a question?

I have always felt that I shouldn't utter a word unless I was willing to back it up. Woman up and don't answer a question if you're afraid that people will find out its you. Does anyone have any situation that lends validity to the "anonymous" checkbox?

Gotoyourmoms

Asked by Gotoyourmoms at 6:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I also post as myself for almost everything. The only things I post annon to are very personal things. I really don't care if people disagree with me...debates are good sometimes! You can learn a lot from them. I do think that there's a "right" way to debate and a "wrong" way to debate. You don't need to shove your opinions down someone else's throat to get them to listen.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I sure don't I say what I feel and I am proud of it, nobody has to like me for my opinions cause I sure as hell don't speak them to comfort other people.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 6:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• For Questions I use it so I don't get bashed cause so many women on here are so judgemental and likes to start crap.
    For Answers I use it almost for the same reasons. Women can't Agree to Disagree and are so fast to judge. Alot of Women wants to jump on someone just cause they don't agree with them or think they are better at the situation and want others to follow them. I mainly do it to keep down the Drama.
    Anonymous

• Depending on the topic...I prefer to just answer the question and not get into a huge debate. Sometimes it can get too heated for my taste. Also if it's dealing with my ex-SO I usually make it anonymous because his current SO is on this site. No need to stir things up there. I prefer to talk about him without feeling getting hurt or people bent out of shape.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and to answer your question...they post anonymously because they're cowards...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Because I'm new here and don't have a big trust thing goin here. Also, some of the women I liked, and had respected their answers just bash others who ask things in the religion group. I'm not sure if they'd be "fair" if I showed me. Call me sad, but it gives me a defense so to speak. I guess it is different for all of us. Why did Cafemom put this as an option? To get more traffic and drama, and usage I'd say. It seems to be working too.
    Anonymous

• I don't plan on running for any political office so I post as myself. I have nothing to hide. If the question is too personal or controversial for me, then I just dont answer it. As for the attacks? Well just report them to CM. Opinion's are like assholes. Everyone has one.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I've noticed that people tend to be ruder and more self righteous when they don't include their names.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Sometimes I answer questions anonymously because it includes personal details, history, or other things that I may not have shared with friends on here. There are experiences that happened to me a long time ago that I still can't disciuss in any way other than anonymously.
    Anonymous

• I very rarely check the anonymous box... if I don't have anything valid to say, I don't say it. But if I do have something to say, I respond with HONESTY & will gladly "sign" my name to it. :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2008