Some thoughts on heaven and hell......

Okay, I am not a christian. Okay now, my friend and I (she is christian) were up very late one night and got into religion. We often try to mesh different religions together for fun. So recently we came up with, Heaven and Hell and limbo are all being acted out on earth. When you die the contents of your soul (we decide that it became lighter as you became a better person) were weighed and the better you were in your last life the better your next life would be. But also some peolple could be very good poor people and bad rich people.

For good measure all saintly people and little babies stayed above the clouds as angles and all horridly bad people don't get a second chance. We ended up haveing to say that the ones who lost there next go round just get destroyed as being a bad seed.

We kinda like looking at life this way, as someone has to die in order to earn better. What's your thoughts?

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 5:26 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Religious Debate

• look up the laws of karma, similar idea. Hindu's knew what they were talking about thousands of years ago...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:45 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I can see some Ancient Egyptian belief there along with perhaps some Hindu? cool thinking though. A soul in my opinion cannot be weighed. It is nothing more than energy
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• jujubean...

The soul is pure energy and so cannot be weighed by us.... but can defenently by weighed by a being made of pure energy. (hence we skirted the God debate)
    Audrice1985

Comment by Audrice1985 (original poster) at 7:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Who defines or decides who the " good " people were, and who the " bad " people were?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• idk thats one question we are never able to agree on an answer for.....
    Audrice1985

Comment by Audrice1985 (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If you had a book for these souls to research on their own about being a good or bad soul you wouldn't have to have a judge.
    You'd just have to have something or someone write the book one time about being good, and the judgement as to who is good and who is bad.
    Now, what do we call the book to judge these good and bad souls, and who do you think we could get to write it?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You might be interested in reading about the idea of Karma. We create our own karma with our actions and reactions. Cause and effect.

"Basically we are all the same human beings with the same potential to be a good human being or a bad human being ... The important thing is to realize the positive side and try to increase that; realize the negative side and try to reduce. That's the way."~Dalai Lama
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't joke about my beliefs. I know in the end, you either choose Christ and accept him as your savior and go to Heaven, or don't and go to Hell. No Limbo about it. No middle ground. Don't like what I think? too bad. I didn't ask you to agree. And, I'm pretty sure God's not asking you to like it. Your His, whether you like it or not, and I know after this you will all disagree with me on it, no worries. Not my problem.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• "I can see some Ancient Egyptian belief there along with perhaps some Hindu?"

I was thinking the same thing. my beliefs are very eclectic and they do include some Ancient Egyptian belifes. part of my beliefs are when I die I will first be reincarnated a certain number of times and after I experience life to its fullest and I have come to know and understand every aspect and emotion of physical human life then I will stand before the The God in his aspect of Anubis(I believe that all Gods are one God) and the Scales of Justice. my heat will be weighed against the feather of Ma'at. and if my heart is pure I go to the Summerland(another name for what a christian person would call Heaven) if its judged to be not pure, then Ammit would devour it.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• what were you smoking?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011