I hate when people compare me with someone else.....

I hate when people compare me with someone else. My sister in law(my husbnad's brother's wife) with her husband and we live together and my mother in law and sister in law(husband's sister) often visit us and they keep comparing both fo us (me with my sister in law). i hate this. I keep telling them that i m me and she is she we cant be alike.....any tips to hanlde this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Next time somebody says something, tell them how you feel. Problems can't be resolved if you don't communicate.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 6:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Just keep telling them you are two different people, not the same thoughts, feelings, expectations, etc. It's like comparing apples to oranges. They'll eventually catch on hopefully.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You either need to talk to them about how you feel or talk with you DH and see if he can talk with his mom and so she will understand how much it bothers you. Lastly, you could try and ignore it. I know this will be hard although if you try to ignore it then maybe they will stop.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I find it childish that you're making a big deal of this. So-what if someone sees similarities in you two....It's not a big deal. Everyone knows you're two separate people.....and the reality is...two people CAN be alike.

If you were telling me that they compare your abilities as house wives or something like that, like how one is a better wife than the other...yeah....that would piss me off. But...if they just see similarities in you two.....absolutely no big deal. No reason to make a fuss, i would probably laugh & say; "Really, you think we're alike? I don't...but whatever...everyone has their opinion"
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:42 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• compare them to someone else that u believe will offended them my own parents would do that until i started doing it to them

i hate that too good luck
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• oh my graviness!! now if its your man comparing you with his ex or a girl he used to know, oh heck no!! if he compares you, then i am sorry, i don't need him or that. but if its just someone saying you and your friend blah,blah, blah, than go ahead and compare!
    MommaFossil

Answer by MommaFossil at 7:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Get it off ur chest u will feel better it is not good to hold it in..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2011