Daycare napping question

where do daycares keep their nap matts and blankets since they are not to be touching the other kids matts and blankets?

Tdaycare6678

Asked by Tdaycare6678 at 6:42 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• In the daycares I've had experience with, nap pats and blankets are just folded and stacked on top of one another. They touch.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• When I worked at a day care, their blankets were kept in their cubbys & the mats or cots were stored in a separate location. Those got wiped down w/ an approved cleaner & their blankets get sent home at the end of the week to be laundered.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My son's school has cubbies with bins for nap mats. I don't think you can protect your child 100% from his nap mat being touched by other kids stuff completely so I launder mine often. I actually have two nap mats that I switch out with attached pillow and blanket so that I can replace one midweek as I take the other one. Its an investment that I find worthwhile because it used to seem like every Sunday was, uggh I need to wash the nap mat.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Our nap mats were stacked in the corner of the classroom. I used lysol wipes to clean them weekly, but I don't think other teachers did the same. Blankets were optional and had to be kept in cubbies. They were supposed to be washed weekly at home, but many times they would come back on Monday morning without being washed.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• not sure my child isnt in day care
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011