Help please, preterm labor how can you tell what it is? Is it normal at 34 weeks and what are the symptoms? adult content

Help please I haven't felt as much movement these last few days, I have been real crampy gassy and I have to go number two more often sorry TMI, I have also had alot more discharge I don't want to freak out over nothing as I call my OBGYN alot and don't want to bother them unless its serious. I'm thinking of going to the er but last time I went I was put on IVs and then discharged and I don't want to get admitted over nothing.What could this be can it be preterm labor I'm worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried putting headphones on your belly & playing some music to encourage movement? If that doesnt work, then I'd be calling the OB. They are used to the concerned questions & that's their job to make sure mom & baby are ok. The other symptoms you are experiencing could be b/c the baby has "dropped" and is putting more pressure on you "down there". When is your next appt? If it's not soon, I would see if you can move it up to put your mind at ease. Good luck! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Thank you, My next appointment is April 7th
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would say to still call your doctor. They can do the stress test (when they put the monitors on you for about 15-30 minutes) just to make sure there is enough movement. Also, you can drink some cold water and relax for a bit, and you might notice the baby moving more. It could be that the baby is busy, however you may not notice it as much since you are busy as well. There are times when the baby is more active than others. They still sleep like we do. Their sleeping schedule might be different than yours. But it is always safer to ask your doctor than to lose a baby because you didn't want to be a bother. Are you spotting at all when you are cramping? If so, then definitely go to the er! When I was dilating, I spotted. I didn't think that is what it was, so I didn't go in. Later on I found out I was at a 3 cm at 32 weeks.
    wendy_pooh12

Answer by wendy_pooh12 at 7:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Why do you think it's preterm labor? It can your ACTUAL labor.....I delivered my second child at 34 weeks....good luck!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 7:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes, it could be early labor. Call the Dr. Don't worry about bothering them, that's what they are there for. A Week + is too long to wait if the baby isn't moving normally. Like a PP said there are simple tests that can tell you what's going on, if anything. Good luck to you. Hope it's just gas. LOL
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I am 31 weeks and 6 days pregnant right now, I am experiencing the same thing you are, I have been experiencing this since week 29. I go in for weekly doctors appointments now, because they want to make sure everything is alright with myself and the baby. They do weekly BPP testing which is Biophysical profile testing, it includes an ultrasound weekly, to check the amniotic fluid, the muscle on the baby, organs, and everything else. They hook me up to a bunch of monitors and see how many times the baby moves in one hour, they also put a contraction monitor on me, to see how many contractions I am having in that hour. If you are worried AT ALL about this, I would call your doctor and explain to him/her what you are feeling, they will probably want you to come in earlier then your next visit. It could be just your body reacting to the baby dropping or it could be something else. Good luck :) message me wth any other questions=)
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2011