Do you use a family changingroom?

This may sound really stupid but its something thats been playing on my mind.

I took my 2 boys(4,6) and my little g irl(3) to the lesiure pool the other day and it was really busy so we all went into a family room together. We usually use seperate cubicles but this seemed much easier then hanging around. I was a little bit worried as i had stopped undressing around my boys a while ago. Anyway we all changed together and there was no pointing giggling or anything else lke that. Is it ok for us to change as a family? Do other moms do this?

EmmaSpring

Asked by EmmaSpring at 7:38 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I dont mind using them, and dont care if a dad comes in there either. Then again I was raised not to be all weird about changing lol and my kids are the same way. We are comfortable with our bodies and realize all humans basically have the same parts.

Answer by gemgem at 8:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Our local Gabes (a clothing store) has a family changing room, it's just a big room with mirrors, no cubical or anything. I always take my kids back there, and when we were teens my friends and I always used that one. Occasionally you'll have more than one family back there together. But you're changing clothes, you're not having sex. I don't see why it wouldn't be okay. But honestly my kids see me naked at least once a week cause god forbid they wait til I'm out of the shower to pee... It's really no big deal. We don't shy away from nudity or see anything wrong, dirty or sexual about it. So I say if it makes your life easier to use the family room, go for it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I wouldn't use one, but modesty is a big deal for me.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I personally wouldn't
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yeah, I do. No biggie.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Yes, I do & I don't think it is a big deal at all.

There is a difference between nudity and sexuality. Unfortunately, too many people in the US confuse the two.

Personally, I don't want to teach my son that his body is something to be ashamed of. But, we have done our best to make him aware of what is appropriate and what isn't.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2011